The Home of "IDGF; IDK; Now what to do?"

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Method #4: Bookmarks

I was trying to come up with another thing I do to procrastinate and was struggling. Then it hit me, make bookmarks! I learned how to make this really cool marble-like design in daycare when I was little. To start things off you need food coloring, tag board (in fun colors), clear packaging tape, a stir stick, white shaving cream, lots of paper towels, a hole puncher, yarn, scissors, and a paper cutter. Follow the pictures to make your own:

Materials:

1. Take a paper bowl and spray shaving cream into the bowl until about 1 inch deep all around.
2. Add drops of food coloring as desired (no more than 12 drops is neccessary).
3. Take stir stick and spiral the color to semi-mix it in.

4. Take piece of tag board or cardstock and press into the shaving cream, repeat until all is covered.

5. Place onto paper towl and let sit about 10 seconds, wipe off all the shaving cream.

6. Let dry and then cut to the wanted size. I suggest 2.5" by 7".




7. Cover with clear packaging table to make waterproof, and then punch a hole in the top center.
8. Tie ribbon throught the whole to decorate.
9. Enjoy!
I am currently reading The Help for my school literary group. It's great so far (only 9 chapters in), and brings light to things I've never even heard of growing up in a different region of the country. Have fun making your bookmark(s).

-K

P.S. Blue and Green Neon Food Colors on Blue and Green paper work the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment